Our Ethos and Values
The best schools are underpinned by an ethos, behaviour and tradition that are understood, respected and valued by everyone across the school community. That is why we place a great emphasis on being a values-led organisation with an ethos established to bring hope and aspiration to the communities we serve in our schools. Our values act as a yardstick for how we behave, interact with each other and deliver our mission.
During the first half of 2012, our staff, students and governors were consulted on refreshing our values; to identify the concepts, attributes and behaviours that exemplify what it genuinely means to bring out the best in everyone.
These values need to be as clear and as applicable to our highest performing schools as they are to those that are on the road to becoming outstanding. Their currency and validity is determined by how we behave as individuals, as schools and as an organisation.
The consensus across the group was that our ethos is best articulated through the following:
- Ambition - to achieve the best in ourselves and others
- Confidence - to have the courage of our convictions and to take risks in the right cause
- Determination - to overcome obstacles and reach success
- Creativity - to imagine possibilities and make them real
- Respect - of ourselves and others in all that we do
- Enthusiasm - to seek opportunity, find what is good and pursue talents and interests
You will see these attributes brought to life in our schools through how we engage with each other and our communities, how we behave and how we inspire ourselves.