Our vision is that United Learning’s values will be brought to life through high quality physical education, sport and health-promoting physical activity so that every young person is:
- Ambitious – to excel: to be the best they can be in and through PE and sport;
- Confident – to participate, perform and lead;
- Creative – in their decision-making and in finding solutions to increasingly complex challenges;
- Respectful – of themselves, all of their peers and all adults involved in their sporting life, whether they be teachers, coaches, officials, medical staff etc;
- Enthusiastic – about engaging in physical activity and sport in school, out of school and beyond school life;
- Determined – to persist in overcoming obstacles, to lead healthy lifestyles and to achieve their best.
Our KS3 Physical Education (PE) and Health curriculum will bring out ‘the best in everyone’ by developing physically skilful young people who have developed the skills, knowledge, understanding, character and confidence to prepare them for KS4 PE.
Our PE and Health curriculum will enable our young people to forge a positive lifelong relationship with physical activity and sport.
Our PE and Health curriculum will prepare students thoroughly for the rigours of accredited courses in KS4 and beyond through a knowledge and understanding of relevant and appropriate elements of sport science.