Letter to parents
School inspections - a guide for parents
Who are Ofsted?
Ofsted is the Office for Standards in Education, Children’s Services and Skills. They inspect and regulate services that care for children and young people, and services providing education and skills for learners of all ages.
- Inspecting maintained schools and academies, some independent schools, and many other educational institutions and programmes outside of higher education
- Inspecting childcare, adoption and fostering agencies and initial teacher training
- Publishing reports of our findings so they can be used to improve the overall quality of education and training
- Regulating a range of early years and children’s social care services, making sure they’re suitable for children and potentially vulnerable young people
- Reporting to policymakers on the effectiveness of these services
Section 8 Inspection Report - 11th May 2016
Full Inspection Report September 2015
Section 8 Inspection Report 13th May 2015
Section 8 Inspection Report 8th December 2014
Section 8 Inspection Report 30th June 2014
Full Inspection Report 4th February 2014
Ofsted Parent View
Parent View gives you the chance to tell Ofsted what you think about your child’s school, from the quality of teaching, to dealing with bullying and poor behaviour. We will use the information you provide when making decisions about which schools to inspect, and when. By sharing your views, you’ll be helping your child’s school to improve.
Click here to view our Parents View Site
School and college performance tables
Click on the link below to compare the Barnsley Schools using the National League Tables
Barnsley Schools League Tables