Our vision is that United Learning’s values will be brought to life through high quality physical education, sport and health-promoting physical activity so that every young person is:
- Ambitious – to excel: to be the best they can be in and through PE and sport;
- Confident – to participate, perform and lead;
- Creative – in their decision-making and in finding solutions to increasingly complex challenges;
- Respectful – of themselves, all of their peers and all adults involved in their sporting life, whether they be teachers, coaches, officials, medical staff etc;
- Enthusiastic – about engaging in physical activity and sport in school, out of school and beyond school life;
- Determined – to persist in overcoming obstacles, to lead healthy lifestyles and to achieve their best.
Key Stage 3 PE and Health Curriculum
Over the course of key Stage 3 students will take part in a variety of activities that will enable them to learn, develop, and showcase a range of skills in different sporting environments.
Our KS3 Physical Education (PE) and Health curriculum will bring out ‘the best in everyone’ by developing physically skilful young people who have developed the skills, knowledge, understanding, character and confidence to prepare them for KS4 PE.
Our PE and Health curriculum will enable our young people to forge a positive lifelong relationship with physical activity and sport.
Our PE and Health curriculum will prepare students thoroughly for the rigours of accredited courses in KS4 and beyond through a knowledge and understanding of relevant and appropriate elements of sport science.
Key Stage 4 PE and Health Curriculum
In key Stage 4 all students complete a vocational qualification, the BTEC First Award in Sport. This allows students to develop a range of skills such as leadership, understanding of body systems, and fitness testing. With this qualification students can move on to further study in PE, Sport and health, or pursue a career in the sports industry.