I am a student at Barnsley Academy. By the end of my time at school I will have:
- Participated in an individual or team sporting activity.
- Participated in a music or performing arts activity.
- Helped others by participating in a social action campaign or by volunteering.
- Committed to three other activities.
- Attended two cultural, artistic or sporting events, with at least one outside my local area.
- Represented my school / year group by taking part in a cultural, artistic, charitable or sporting event to an audience outside of my school.
- Heard from an inspirational speaker.
- Had a chance to share my views about school via the student leadership structure.
- Attended a residential trip.
- Had my talents celebrated and recognised.
- Participated in three experiences that helped me make informed decisions about my future and how to get there.
The Student Charter is an ambitious statement for all of our students to aspire towards over their time at Barnsley Academy.
We recognise that our responsibility does not lie solely in the education of students in the classroom. Therefore we endeavour to provide a high-quality, learning-led educational experience inside the classroom and an enriching educational experience outside the classroom.
This booklet contains information regarding the ‘Period 6’ enrichment activities (after-school clubs) that are available to students over the first term of this academic year. Each term a new timetable will be issued in order that students can see the new and exciting opportunities available to them.
At the start of this term students have had a two week period over which to ‘trial’ the different enrichment activities before ‘signing-up’ to the clubs of their choice.
In addition, over the course of the year there will be a range of trips and visits available to students.
We hope you find this information informative!
Breakfast Clubs, 8.00am – 8.25am
Monday: Year 8 and 9, 5-a-side football
Tuesday: Years 10 and 11, 5-a-side-football
Wednesday: Year 7, Trampolining
Friday: Year 7, 5-a-side Football
If there is an enrichment activity that students would really like to be available then they can go and see Miss Sullivan. We can not guarantee to be able to meet all requests but we will do our best to provide as many opportunities as possible.
Trips and Visits
All departments will be offering a range of trips and visits over the course of the year, including residentials both in the UK and overseas.
Heads of Year are also arranging trips and visits for their year groups in order to add to the range of enrichment opportunities available for students.
There will be a variety of events in school this term including a dance show entitled ‘Humanity in Motion’ and our Christmas Concert. Details will follow in letters over the course of this term.
At Barnsley Academy we are committed to supporting our Young Carers. Our Senior Leadership Team lead is Mrs Wildes and our Operational Lead is Mrs Potter.
CLICK HERE for more information or email Mrs Potter: email@example.com