Using Microsoft Office 365:
• The login and password for the students’ school Microsoft Office 365 account is their email address and associated password. We have included these details on the letter that accompanies this guide.
• Logging onto the web-based version of office 365 allows access to Outlook emails and Microsoft Teams – any email communications with teaching staff and or designated support staff will be made via Outlook
• Any live teaching will take place on Microsoft Teams (more to follow on this.)
Using the Show My Homework App:
• Staff will be using the Show My Homework App to set work for students. All our students are familiar with this software as we have used it for a number of years to set home learning.
• The log-in for the Show My Homework App is the students’ school email address and a password that they have chosen. In the instance they have forgotten their password, students can reset their password searching https://www.satchelone.com/login and selecting ‘forgot password?’ Where this is still an issue, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our team will arrange a password reset.
Using the UL Curriculum Website:
• To login to the United Learning Curriculum website https://curriculum.unitedlearning.org.uk/ Students will need to use their school username and password. Here they can access a range of lessons for all year groups and resources which are mapped to our in-school curriculum
Oak National Academy
Online Classroom - Nearly 10,000 free video lessons, resources and activities, covering most subjects, from Reception to Year 11
We have a new online learning support package called Seneca Premium. This package allows students to assess their knowledge and monitor their progress – information which goes directly back to their classroom teachers. Teaching staff are able to use this package to set tests and assessments for students to check their learning or students can choose to check their own learning by completing some of the online assessments independently. All students have been given a log-in and a password to be able to access Seneca Premium. If there are any issues with accessing any aspect of Seneca please use the Home Learning email address email@example.com. Seneca Premium - available soon – more to follow.
Every student has a log-in to Languagenut which is a language learning support programme. Learners can practice sentence building, grammar skills, listening and reading skills alongside pronunciation in the target language. Languagenut fully supports the national curriculum and helps to prepare students for assessments as well as their GCSE exams
Sparx & Hegarty Maths
All our students have either a Hegarty Maths log-in and password or both a Hegarty Maths and Sparx login. Work will be set by teaching staff on these programmes for students to access on a daily basis
Some children have been given a log-on to Bedrock. This programme is aimed at children who need a little extra support with their literacy. It helps with literacy and vocabulary. For students with access, teachers will set work via the app and check each child’s progress. Students should check their account every day to see what work they need to complete.
Students who access Lexia in school are able to use their log-in to access this work at home. Lexia is a learning based assessment package which supports students with weaker literacy levels
Paper packs of work
In the instance that a pupil is unable to access online learning and as if an academy we are unable to support with this, we will provide workbooks and paper copies of all home learning sequences and the supporting resources. Once again please email our Home Learning Desk in the first instance at: firstname.lastname@example.org
PARENT/CARER TELEPHONE NUMBERS
Additional to arrangements that have been put in place, in the instance of a whole school lockdown staff at the school will make regular contact with all students via their school email address and also via telephone. The telephone number used will be the official parent/carer contact we have on our school computer system; therefore it is extremely important you keep this information up-to-date with the Academy so we can keep in touch with all students and check on their well-being as well as work progress.
If you require any technical support to access these sites or any of your work please click on this link: email@example.com