KS4 (Year 10, 11)
We want students to continue to think like a ‘geographer’. GCSE specifications for the discipline of geography should provide the opportunity for students to:
- understand more about the world, the challenges it faces and their place within it.
- deepen understanding of geographical processes
- illuminate the impact of change and of complex people-environment interactions
- highlight the dynamic links and interrelationships between places and environments at different scales
- develop students’ competence in using a wide range of geographical investigative skills and approaches. Geography enables young people to become globally and environmentally informed and thoughtful, enquiring citizens.
- apply geographical knowledge, understanding, skills and approaches appropriately and creatively to real world contexts, including fieldwork, and to contemporary situations and issues; and develop well-evidenced arguments drawing on their geographical knowledge and understanding (applying geography).