Key stage 3
What will my child learn?
Year 7 Topics
- Microsoft Project – this is a themed project which allows students to explore their own use of digital literacy and also creativity using computer packages such as use Microsoft Office Publisher, Word & Adobe Fireworks.
- Scratch – students will learn how to make a short program in Scratch. They will learn the steps required to make an animated program.
Year 8 Topics
- Text based game – Students will build on the programming skills they have learnt in Year 7. They will use their programming skills to create a text based game based on a given topic.
- Photo Editing – Students use Firework to manipulate images and create their own magazine cover
Year 9 Topics
- Adobe Premiere – Students will create their own edits from pre-recorded clips for a film scene and a video game.
- Adobe Flash – Students will have the opportunity to create their own moving animations and learn how different frames and layers are used to create animations
How will my child be assessed?
Assessments are carried out every half term to check student progress. The assessment are made up of mixture of the practical and theory to ensure students can both apply their learning and show their full understanding in exam style questions.
What type of homework will be set?
Homework is linked to the topics students are currently studying or to help recap previous learning.
How can I support my child’s learning at home?
Access to a computer and the internet is useful, but not essential. As students are able to access Office 365 at home and use Microsoft packages such as Word, PowerPoint and Excel.